Friday, July 27, 2012

Dior Creme De Rose Lip Balm

I've been buying stuff from Dior lately, because of all the hype around their products.  Sadly there's another disappointing product.  I really hoped this product would work too!! 

I recently purchased the Dior Creme De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm.  The shade is a petal pinkish color, which turns out sheer on your lips.  











Now I've been on the hunt for a good lip balm, because my lips are super sensitive to everything, and get super chapped and dry...  My lips have a tendency to get use to the product, where the product doesn't work anymore.  I CANNOT use regular chapsticks, they make my lips peel T^T  
I've used ones from Chapstick, Burts Bees, Nivea, Softlips, Carmex, Lypsyl (which works the most out of most chapsticks I've tried and I do come back to this), 
With a lot of lip products I have tried that have worked and stopped working, I have to switch them out and use a different one, and then come back to it. 

Other ones I've tried: 
-Korres lip butter-which worked well, and then stopped working (I do come back to it)
-Bite lip products-which didn't work at all
-Jack Black Instense THerapy Lip Balm-worked and then stopped working
-Rosebud Perfume Co Lip Balm- worked then stopped working  
-Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments in Rose and Passion-Which works well still. But recently stopped working  ( I still come back to them though)
-EOS lip balms-Works sometimes (I come back to these as well)
I found out that Petroleum based lip balms do not work on me!!!

Claims (from Sephora website):  "soothes, re-plumps, hydrates, and protects the lips with SPF 10.This nourishing lip balm comes in one universal petal pink shade and features a delicate rose scent"





It does have a lovely rose scent, but it didn't do too well in the re-plump, soothe, and hydrate lips departments.  It feels good when applied, but the hydrating aspect didn't last long (1 hr), and actually ending up drying my lips further.  Not to mention, it would make my lips peel!!  At $26.00 I was hoping this would work for me, and I really want to Love it :(

Have you had any success with this?



1 comment:

  1. I havn't tried this and now I probably won't :) my lips are sensitive too, and like you a lot of the products I buy actually end up drying out my lips instead of hydrating them. For me, the lip balms I buy in China and Japan work the best. I don't know why, maybe because the weather there is quite dry especially in winter, or maybe the products there cater for asians or something. Anyway, here are the two brands that I like best, hopefully they'll be just as good for you : maybelline, lip ice

    ReplyDelete